Address: 5774 Gyrfalcon Place Carmel IN46033
● System/Embedded SW career focused on communications between vehicle, PC and embedded networks.
Summary of Qualifications
● Experienced with embedded hardware requiring safety & timing critical OS/network communications.
● In-depth knowledge of vehicle and computer networks, network management, security and gateways
● Proficient in developing programs for automated testing & network monitoring.
● Strong knowledge in C/C++ with MFC, Java with Swing and the Android OS.
Network protocols (Vehicle) CAN, LIN, Flexray, GMLAN, FNOS, CCP, ASAM3
Embedded programming FTDI , NECV850, TriCore, Arduino, Android
Network protocols (PC) TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, HTTP, USB, RS-232
Network Protocols (Security) RSA, AES, DES, WEP, WPA, Diffie–Hellman
Apis MFC, Win32, Swing, Swig/JNI, OpenGL, FLTK, Winsock, VFW
Vector toolset CANoe, CanDiva, CanDela, CANape and CanGen
Concepts OOP, DLL, Multicore & multithreaded programming and optimizations
Cummins inc (lhp software) (2011-present)
Electronic tools, common components comm, core engineering
responsible for optimization, development and support of corporate tool
● Optimize corporate tool (Calterm) to alleviate throughput issues on embedded dataloggers
● Created wireshark dissector of the ASAM3 protocol for network troubleshooting.
● Implement ASAM3 standard allowing tool (CUTY) to communicate with the J1939 CAN bus
● Created automated regression test suite to ensure robustness of tool
● Mentored new employees on tools / embedded system concepts
● Provided support / consultation on integration with upper level toolsets used in test cells.
Delphi electronics, Active safety systems (2009-2011)
Lead software engineer
adaptive cruise control & collision imminent braking systems
responsible for delphi’s active scanning radar for gm Saab & Opel Insignia & Zafira
● Direct interface with customer, systems and project managers spanning multiple countries to
address customer concerns and ensure timely delivery.
● Manage global software team using software change requirements and configuration
● Experienced in developing in a time and safety critical embedded environment.
● Experienced in coding for a multi-core gateway spanning multiple CAN & SPI comm buses.
● Experienced with fixed point math micros like the NEC V850 Fx3 family.
● Proposed/implemented strategies include primary & secondary bootloader strategies, worst case
jitter analysis, ramshadow checksum, Full/BasicCAN buffer allocation
● Well versed with GMLAN diagnostic requirements GMW3110, 14241 and 15765
Delphi electronics, Software forward engineering (2008-2009)
Saint2 (System analysis interface tool)
Develop in-house capability on vehicle bus monitors and simulators
● Experienced in creating gateways across different vehicle/computer networks.
● Optimized USB driver code and worked with firmware team to increase throughput substantially
● Invented and implemented method of connecting third party vehicle networks software
to existing Saint2 hardware using Dlls.
● Provided cost savings of $5000 per unit compared to using a 3rd party solution.
Provide assistance to vehicle network problems and perform/develop automated tests
● Extensive knowledge in vehicular networks including CAN, LIN and Flexray.
● Extensive knowledge in vehicular network management over various OSI layers.
● Expert in troubleshooting / isolating issues involving vehicle networks / network management.
● Proficient in vehicle simulation tools such as Vector Canoe, CANDiva, CANape, CANDela etc
● Experienced with various embedded debuggers including JTAG, Tricore Pathfinder, miniCube
● Developed several programs that run extensive automated testing on various embedded ECUs.
Autosar (Automotive open systems architecture)
Gain expertise in autosar to provide assistance for future integration needs
● Experienced in the vehicle network communications stack.
● Configured and integrated full AUTOSAR stack onto NECV850 embedded hardware.
● Created and implemented interface for code configuration software (Eclipse plugin) to
communicate with Vast’s virtual embedded systems (C++) using JNI / DLL
● Emulated entire NECV850 board in software using Java Swing GUI.
● Allowed users to visualize in real time effects of configuration changes.
Alliance group technologies, Software Engineer, (2007-2008)
with customer (
interpreter for an automatic code review software based on customer requirements.
● Personally responsible for entire language creation, design, implementation, documentation & testing.
● Exceeded expectations and delivered product in three months.
Alliance group technologies, Software tester (2005-2006)
IT&V (Independent tests and verification group)
● Successfully implemented C/C++ test scripts for the Ford SDARS satellite radio for three model years.
● Ensured that every test round deadline was met and all errors reported.
School / Personal Interests
GPS programming for android (Personal interest) (2010)
● Authored app that makes use of sensors such as motion and orientation to minimize battery usage.
● Reduced battery usage by 40% while maintaining decent GPS accuracy.
network interconnectivity (Personal interest) (2007)
● Interface from vehicle to car-puter via CAN to USB, allowing remote control of certain car functions.
● Car-puter to Android phones and home server via 802.11
● Arduino board to TCP/IP to lighting IO/PWM controls, motion sensors and cameras.
Robotics / artificial intelligence (Personal interest) (2008)
● Voice recognition, Image acquisition, GPS, Obstacle detection and avoidance, 802.11 wireless control with smartphone
CGT Modelling (Computer Graphics) (Spring 2007)
● Firsthand knowledge in 3D rendering using wire frames, projection, texture mapping, lighting and shading
● Created Tiff compatible image editor using C++, FLTK and LibTiff with save, load, various tools, color manipulation, interpolation and quantification, TIFF,BMP and JPEG file format support.
Online Poker Game (Computer security) (Spring 2007)
● Wrote an online poker game based on the mental poker concept (RSA), MFC GUI and Winsock.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client (Advanced C programming) (Spring 2005)
● Wrote an IRC chat program that implements common IRC RAW functions using C and PDcurses.
B.S Computer Science Dec 2007
specializing in computer networks and security
GPA : 3.3 / 4.0